A buy/sell agreement is critical if you are running your own business, and it becomes even more important when dealing with issues like partnerships or co-ownership of a business. Basically, a legally binding buy/sell agreement sets the terms for who owns what, what the split is, and what the rights are when it comes to having to buy out a partner or what happens if one of the partners and/or investors dies.
- What happens if one partner goes bankrupt?
- If a partner dies, what happens to his/her half of the business?
- Is one partner obligated to buy out the other, and how is the price
- Does a share of a business get passed on?
- Does a current partner get first dibs to bid or buy out the remainder of
- Can a partner sell her/his share to someone else and walk away?
- Are they obligated to give the other co-owner first crack at it?
- What other situations might arise where the business needs to be split
and who mediates something not covered by the agreement?
Experience you can trust!
Over 75 years of combined experience working to customize your prosperous and fruitful financial future!